Hardcover version also available!
What's new? The second edition of the Level 1 Training Guide has an added index at the end of the book.
The CrossFit™ Level 1 Training Guide is a necessary resource for anyone who is interested in improving his or her own health and fitness or that of others.
Largely written by CrossFit, Inc. Founder Greg Glassman beginning in 2002, the guide acts as the bible of functional training by explaining exactly how CrossFit movements and methodologies can make you or your clients measurably fitter.
Readers will find proven teaching progressions, detailed programming guidance, and precise coaching and nutritional strategies. The content prepares one for the application of the CrossFit methodology with clients of any level.
Athletes of all abilities will learn how to move properly and safely, how to start training, how to create and modify workouts and movements appropriately, and how to eat to achieve fitness and aesthetic goals.
CrossFit's Nine Foundational Movements—the squat, front squat, overhead squat, press, push press, jerk, deadlift, sumo deadlift high pull, and medicine-ball clean—are covered in detail with full-color photos and learning progressions. The snatch, GHD sit-up, hip and back extension, pull-up, thruster, and muscle-up are covered as well.
Supported by decades of research, this manual contains a detailed lifestyle plan that has been used by both coaches and athletes to:
- Improve general physical preparedness.
- Gain muscle and improve bone density.
- Improve and maintain healthy body composition.
- Optimize nutrition.
- Lower blood pressure.
- Reduce symptoms of chronic disease.
- Improve strength and metabolic conditioning.
- Target sport-specific needs.
- Increased performance in CrossFit: The Sport of Fitness.
- Prevent injury.
- Improve each of CrossFit’s 10 General Physical Skills: cardiovascular/respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, coordination, agility, balance and accuracy.
This guide is designed for use in conjunction with the two-day CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Course. One must earn the CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1) credential before opening an affiliate and before using CrossFit to train others, but this guide can be used as a standalone resource by coaches and fitness enthusiasts alike.
- Dimensions 8.5" x 11"
- 255 pages
- Spiral-bound in red
- Full color