The wildly popular natural running trend has changed the way we think about running, but it has also prompted many questions about method and technique: Have we been running the wrong way? And have we been running in the wrong kind of shoe? Why is a forefoot strike better than a heel strike, and how can we transition between styles safely and effectively?
In "The Running Revolution," two-time Olympic coach, Dr. Nicholas Romanov provides both beginning and experienced runners with the crucial knowledge they need to develop a better stride that will improve performance and minimize wear and tear on the body. With this valuable manual, you will find yourself equipped with everything you need in order to enjoy running for many years to come.
In this thoroughly illustrated manual, you will learn:
- How to run great distances than ever before—all while sustaining optimum form
- What the anatomy of the foot reveals about running mechanics
- Essential warm-up routines and exercises that prepare and strengthen key muscles
- Proper technique for pain-free running, and the science behind it
- How to choose the right running shoes to match your training goals, as well as tips on how to go barefoot if you feel so inclined
- A four-week foolproof training program that will enable you to seamlessly transform your running
About the Author
Dr. Nicholas Romanov is a two-time Olympic coach and world-renowned sports scientist with a career spanning more than 40 years. He has conducted research worldwide, including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, South Africa and New Zealand. As a former elite record-holding national high jumper, Dr. Romanov created the Pose Method® in the 1970s. He founded Romanov Academy in the 1990s to certify and educate coaches teaching sports technique. There are now thousands of Pose Method® certified Technique Specialists worldwide.